The New Amherst and The New Classical 96.3FM – THE ULTIMATE WEEKEND GETAWAY Contest Complete Contest Rules & Regulations
- The “The Ultimate Weekend Getaway” contest 2013 (the “Contest”) is sponsored by New Amherst, ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM.
- No purchase is required to enter the Contest or to win the Grand Prize.
- Limit of one entry per person.
- Enter the Contest by: Watching the video and submitting a short story (750 words or less) of why you want to live in New Amherst Fill out an online ballot on the Northumberland Getaway contest page on www.Classical96.3FM.com. Submit to enter.
- Contest opens on Feb 27 at 4:00pm (EST) and closes on Mar 22 at 4:00pm (EST) (the “Contest Period”).
- All entries must be received on or before 4:00pm EST TBD.
- Chances of winning the Grand Prize will depend on the number of eligible entries received in accordance with these Rules and Regulations during the Contest Period.
- Entries submitted through fraudulent means or in any way tampered with, incorrect, unclear, forged, mutilated, illegible, indecipherable or mechanically reproduced may be disqualified at the sole discretion of ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM.
- All entries become the property of ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM and will not be returned. ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM shall not be responsible for entries lost, misdirected or delayed. Entries received by any other method (phone, fax, courier, e-mail or dropped off in person) will not be accepted.
- ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM are not responsible for entries lost, late, misdirected, illegible or delayed for any reason.
- Entries that are incomplete will be disqualified.
- One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded – The Ultimate Weekend Getaway Contest. Your prize includes a weekend getaway TBD includes transportation to and from Cobourg to Union Station Toronto. Accommodations, meals and entertainment (not including alcohol and gratuities)
- Weekend itinerary (prize package worth approximately $750). VIA train service departing Union Station at 11:35 am, arriving in Cobourg 12:50 pm. Tour of Cobourg main street for shopping and Art Gallery, harbourfront and beach. Plus visit to village centred community of New Amherst. Two (2) night accommodations in Cobourg. Sunday Brunch at local, organic restaurant daizies fresh food in downtown Cobourg. Dinner at Gusto’s Trattoria the authentic taste of Italy in the heart of Port Hope’s downtown Heritage Business District. Enjoy the Arts scene and Festival Theatre at either the Capitol Theatre, the last fully restored atmospheric theatre or tickets to Northumberland Players Theatre at the charming historic FireHall Theatre. Relax in style with VIA Rail service back to Toronto Sunday afternoon.
- NOT INCLUDED: Optional excursions, beverages (other than those included at dinner), beauty and spa treatments, travel insurance, laundry or other items of a personal nature. Winner and travel companion must adhere to Northumberland Getaway contest rules and requirements for trip passengers such as insurance, baggage limitations and other such terms and conditions as may be required by Northumberland Getaway contest.
- Contest winner and travel companion are solely responsible for all costs, fees and expenses associated with getting from winner’s and travel companion’s home(s) to winner’s and travel companion’s Canadian city of departure and getting back home from the same chosen city, as well as all other costs and expenses including: emergency medical insurance, travel insurance, spending money, any applicable taxes and duties as well as any additional expenses (including, but not limited to, laundry, alcoholic beverages, phone calls, purchases in shop, bar or spa, medical fees and any and all fees, costs or disbursements associated with any delays or itinerary changes).
- The Grand Prize may not be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. The Grand Prize may not be sold, redeemed for cash, combined with any other promotion, exchanged for a different trip or for different departure/arrival dates or cities, once confirmed.
GRAND PRIZE SELECTION
- There will be a random draw conducted for the Grand Prizes from among all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. The draw will be conducted by The New Classical 96.3FM personnel and held at 5:00pm EST on Mar 22, 2013 at the The New Classical 96.3FM offices located at 550 Queen Street East, Suite 205, Toronto, Ontario.
- The selected entrants will be notified by email. The selected entrant must respond within 48 hours of the notification in order to claim his/her prize. If a selected entrant cannot be reached and does not claim his/her prize within 48 hours of the notification, or does not meet all the contest conditions, another entrant will be selected from the remaining eligible entries.
- To win, the contestant must correctly answer a time-limited, skill-testing question.
- The decisions of the contest judges are final. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prizewinner has the sole responsibility of paying any taxes connected to the prize, if any.
- The eligible winner of the prize must sign a declaration and release form releasing New Amherst, The New Classical 96.3FM and ZoomerMedia Ltd. from any liability arising from the acceptance of the prize and confirming compliance with contest rules.
- Contestants do not need to opt-in to receive future information from New Amherst, ZoomerMedia Ltd. or The New Classical 96.3FM to qualify.
- To enter and be eligible to win you must be a permanent resident of Canada, other than the province of Quebec, of the age of majority in the province or territory at which you reside at the time of entry, and not an employee of, a member of the immediate family of, or domiciled with an employee or Board member of any division of ZoomerMedia Ltd., CARP, Northumberland Getaway Contest, Woodlawn Inn, Cobourg’s Luxury Hotel and Fine Dining, VIA Rail, The Waddell, Victoria Concert Hall, New Amherst, Capitol Theatre, Northumberland Tourism, Northumberland Economic Development, daizies fresh food, Gusto Trattoria or an employee or Board member of their parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and agencies.
- In the event the winner and/or winner’s travel companion is/are not eligible/able to travel on the dates selected, the prize will be forfeited, no substitution or transfer of the Grand Prize may be permitted and the Grand Prize value will not be given to winner or winner’s travel companion. In the event the Grand Prize is not available for any reason outside the control of The New Classical 96.3FM, no substitution or compensation will be provided.
- ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM assume no liability for ensuring winner and/or travel companion are eligible/able to travel. Winner and travel companion must travel together on the same itinerary and from, and to, the same departure/arrival city.
- By accepting prize, winner agrees to hold ZoomerMedia Ltd., The New Classical 96.3FM and Northumberland Getaway and their respective agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns, harmless against any and all claims and liability arising out acceptance or use of the Grand Prize, including, but not limited to, travel-related injuries and/or death. Winner and travel companion assume all liability for any injury or damage caused, or claimed to be caused, whatsoever and howsoever arising, by participation in this Contest or use or redemption of the Grand Prize.
- By entering the contest, entrants consent to the use of their names, city of residence, photograph and/or image on videotape, and story submission for publicity purposes in all ZoomerMedia Ltd. and New Amherst media outlets without payment or compensation.
- In order to be declared a winner, the selected entrant must:
- Correctly answer a mathematical, skill-testing question to be administered in the online entry form by ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM; and
- Sign and return a standard declaration and release form confirming compliance with Contest Rules and Regulations, consenting to the use, without further compensation, of winner’s (and travel companion’s) name, address (city only) and photograph(s) in any Contest-related publicity and releasing ZoomerMedia Ltd., The New Classical 96.3FM and Northumberland Getaway and their respective agencies, affiliates, parent(s), subsidiaries, agents, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone else involved in the development, production or handling of the Contest and their respective directors, officers, employees and assigns from all liability arising in connection with the Contest or the acceptance, use or redemption of the Grand Prize as awarded. The winner will be contacted by The New Classical 96.3FM to make arrangements for the conduct of the skill-testing question.
- Companion must also sign and return a release form prior to travel. If the winner’s travel companion is not of age of majority at the time the prize is awarded, winner must provide confirmation, satisfactory to ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM, that companion has the consent of the companion’s parents or legal guardian to accompany the winner as well as a release form signed by companion’s parents or legal guardian. If companion, or parents or legal guardian, does not sign and return the release form prior to travel, companion will not be permitted to travel and no compensation or prize substitution will be awarded.
- If this contest permits entries to be received via e-mail or Internet, no responsibility will be taken for any failure of the website during the promotion or for any problems or technical malfunction of a telephone network or lines, computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail, on-line or Internet entry to be received by ZoomerMedia Ltd. on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof including any injury or damage to an entrant’s or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from playing or downloading any material in the promotion. ZoomerMedia Ltd. reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel or suspend the Internet portion of this contest should a virus, bug or any other cause beyond the reasonable control of ZoomerMedia Ltd. corrupt the security or proper administration of the contest. Any attempt to deliberately damage any website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this promotion is a violation of criminal and civil laws, and should such an attempt be made ZoomerMedia Ltd. reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent of the law, including criminal prosecution. Entries are subject to verification and will be declared invalid if they are illegible, mechanically reproduced, mutilated, forged, falsified, altered or tampered with in any way.
- By entering, all entrants agree to adhere to, and abide by, these Contest Rules and Regulations. The decisions of ZoomerMedia Ltd. and The New Classical 96.3FM with respect to any Contest matter are final.
- This offer is void where prohibited by law. Chances of winning are solely dependent on the total number of eligible entries received. This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations and participation in the contest indicates acceptance of all contest rules and regulations.
- Quebec residents are not eligible to enter the Contest.
- For winner information, please contact Kim Miller, Director of Marketing, New Amherst, 1-866-528-9618.