I am a single woman who often dine alone. I prefer a quiet place with beautiful ambiance to write and draw. Good food and nice service are a must. Being from a warm country I also need sunlight especially in the winter; and as an artist I enjoy a nice view. I look for these when choosing to return a restaurant. At the Old Mill I have often enjoyed quality food in a quiet beautiful surrounding. I like going to Fresh at Bloor and Spadina but I am often driven out of there due to the excess noise; except if I manage to go there between 3 and 5 during a week day. Also enjoy having a hearty breakfast at Sunset Grill in Bloor West Village but once again it is so noisy from the clinging of dishes that I refuse to go back. I look forward to visiting many of the restaurants listed here.
- Theatre Francais presents 2013/2014 Season
- Théâtre français de Toronto (TfT) Artistic Director Guy Mignault unveiled the company’s 2013/14 season, launching its official subscription campaign. The launch will be followed by a celebration this evening of World Theatre Day. The 2013/2014 season is made up of: 5 shows for general audiences; 1 show for teens in the New Generations program; 1 show for young audiences. For more information and a list of all shows playing please visit www.theatrefrancais.com or call 416-534-6604
- Mar 27
- The Shaw Festival
- The Shaw Festival – great theatre in the heart of Niagara wine country.
- Apr 3
- WHO MAID WHO? By David Lassig
- Baker & Cole are at it again!
- May 17
- The Barracks season opening
- Cobourg’s Sifton-Cook Heritage Centre aka ‘The Barracks’ – the primitive limestone buildingin restoration since 1999 and located at the corner of Durham and Orr Streets in Cobourg - has re-opened for its second season and will be open weekends until the end of June. Admission is free and this year’s theme is “Our Transportation Heritage” from native trails to a crashed airplane. An operating outdoor model of the fated Cobourg and Peterborough Railway will be a feature of the exhibit.For more details go to www.cobourgmuseum.ca
- May 19
- Kim’s Convenience
- The New Classical 96.3 FM is the Official Radio Sponsor of Soulpepper’s Kim’s Convenience.
- May 23
Join the Classical Club
Sign up for the e-Newsletter:
Marvelous Molly is friendly, affectionate, outgoing, confident, and good with change.…
Weiwei , the extraordinary, brilliant artist and activist. What courage the man has; taking on…
“Count the music that counts” with the Zoomer’s Choice Classical Chart. And be sure to tune…
“Afterward, when the world was exploding around him, he felt annoyed with himself for having…
Arts & Events
Looking to buy music that is featured on Classical 96.3 FM?