About Classical 96.3 FM
STATION HISTORY: THE STORY SO FAR
The New Classical 96.3 FM, home of Toronto’s Classical Favourites, started its life more than a quarter of a century ago as a humble classical music station in beautiful Cobourg Ontario (still broadcasting as Classical 103.1 FM). On August 30th, 2014 we expanded our signal across the Georgian Triangle with Classical 102.9 FM.
- We are English Canada’s only all classical music radio stations.
- We are Mozart & Movie Music. Bach & Bernstein. Opera & Crossover.
- We are a new attitude for one of the oldest art forms in Western Civilization.
- Programmed by John van Driel – popularizes classical music to make it more accessible to the public at large.
We offer listeners the greatest music of all time plus up-to-the minute news, weather, traffic, ZoomerReports and arts reports. All this, plus uniquely intimate and interactive “Live From the Concert Lobby” performances which have featured such luminaries as piano virtuosi Lang Lang and Yundi; opera stars Ben Heppner and Measha Brueggergosman; popular crossovers singers such as Katharine Jenkins and Josh Groban; and super groups like The Tenors, Il Volo and the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra.
THE NEW CLASSICAL 96.3 FM IS TORONTO’S ONLY COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION PLAYING ALL CLASSICAL MUSIC.
Events This Month
- Tap into Maple
- March 1, 2016 - May 31, 2016
- Food on Film
- March 2, 2016 - June 29, 2016
- Food on Film
- March 7, 2016 - June 27, 2016
- Frontiers in Genetics - Northumberland Learning Connection's Lecture Series
- March 31, 2016 - May 12, 2016
- FRONTIERS IN GENETICS, A series of 6 lectures and 5 seminars
- March 31, 2016 - May 5, 2016