About Classical 96.3 FM
STATION HISTORY: THE STORY SO FAR
The New Classical 96.3 FM, home of Toronto’s Classical Favourites, started its life more than a quarter of a century ago as a humble classical music station in beautiful Cobourg Ontario (still broadcasting as Classical 103.1 FM). On August 30th, 2014 we expanded our signal across the Georgian Triangle with Classical 102.9 FM.
- We are English Canada’s only all classical music radio stations.
- We are Mozart & Movie Music. Bach & Bernstein. Opera & Crossover.
- We are a new attitude for one of the oldest art forms in Western Civilization.
- Programmed by John van Driel – popularizes classical music to make it more accessible to the public at large.
We offer listeners the greatest music of all time plus up-to-the minute news, weather, traffic, ZoomerReports and arts reports. All this, plus uniquely intimate and interactive “Live From the Concert Lobby” performances which have featured such luminaries as piano virtuosi Lang Lang and Yundi; opera stars Ben Heppner and Measha Brueggergosman; popular crossovers singers such as Katharine Jenkins and Josh Groban; and super groups like The Tenors, Il Volo and the Tafelmusik Baroque Orchestra.
THE NEW CLASSICAL 96.3 FM IS TORONTO’S ONLY COMMERCIAL RADIO STATION PLAYING ALL CLASSICAL MUSIC.
Events This Month
- The 2015 Dragon Raffle
- March 26, 2015 - February 21, 2016
- The Shaw Festival 2015
- April 17, 2015 - October 25, 2015
- HIDDEN GEMS ART SHOW
- June 1, 2015 - July 19, 2015
- Bloomfield, Ontario
- KINKY BOOTS
- June 16, 2015 - September 27, 2015
- The 2015 Brott Music Festival
- June 18, 2015 - August 13, 2015